Monday, September 27, 2004

Quoting made-up quotes from made-up websites

According to Metro, contact-music.com quoted Britney Spears saying the following about Kevin Federline: "I am very annoyed with some reports speculating such rubbish that I had to pay for the wedding myself and that I even had to buy my own ring."
Note to British tabloids, and websites running rumors from British tabloids, and free New York dailies running gossip from websites from tabloids, Americans do not say rubbish. Britney Spears in particular does not say rubbish. Nor does she say speculating. Nor does she string together sentences longer than six words. (That's really what's so unsatisfying about watching or reading her interviews. Even when speaks for 30 seconds the only thing she ever says is "I'm just doing my thing. It's cool. I just do my thing. I don't care. I just do my thing. Baby. Do my thing").

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

willa, rubbish is used in boston all the time, and my parents still speak of thursday as "rubbish day" in our neighborhood.
in other news, brittany was wearing rosary beads in a picture i saw the other day. i don't know if she's catholic or not, but someone needs to tell her rosary beads aren't a necklace.
i hope all is well. mikecardarelli

12:21 AM  
Blogger Willabeast said...

Mike: someone should tell Madonna that a rosary isn't a necklace, because Britney didn't invent that, or anything else, ever.
And though they may say rubbish in Boston, that girl's from Louisiana. Maybe they didn't crib from a British tabloid, but a Boston website.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home