Monday, October 25, 2004

And because he stepped to JT

Usher is an enormous, enormous douche face. Driving home from Richmond and hearing "Confessions: Part II" on the radio I was overwhelmed with complete and total disgust, a sentiment that began simmering months ago, when I first heard that song.
Let's recap the story of "Confessions: Part II," which is ostensibly true. Usher's "chick on the side" calls him up and tells him "she's got one on the way." This revelation, so potentially damaging to his relationship with the "woman he loves," makes him "damn near cry." He is forced to confess not his infidelity exactly, but the pregnancy, which implies his infidelity, to his true girl, in the form of this song, which contains the following, pivotal, line "I hope you can accept the fact that I'm man enough to tell you this."
Hypothetical situation: Your boyfriend calls you up and asks to come over because he has something to tell you. He arrives, but before beginning, he takes off his shirt and pours a glass of water over his stomach muscles and looks at himself in the mirror for about 15 minutes.
"Baby, did you have something you wanted to tell me?"
He remembers you're in the room, sits down, takes your hand, looks you in the eyes and says, "I got this other girl pregnant."
Now, is the thing you most want to hear at this moment a) I'm sorry b) please forgive me or c) I hope you can accept that I'm man enough to tell you this. I guess that depends on whether or not you think the most relevant aspect of this situation is a) the infidelity b) the pregnancy or c) your boyfriend's manliness.
I’m gonna go with not C. Obviously, Usher disagrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home