Monday, April 26, 2004

Kevin Costner has next

Who is Ken Wahl?
I mean, other than the guy who graced the cover of Us Weekly on April 19, 1989, touted as "The Sexiest Man of Television," and catches my eye every single time I walk past the wall of covers on my way to the bathroom, vending machine, or water cooler.
IMDB tells me he was in a late 80's TV show called Wiseguys and starred in a movie with Paul Newman called Fort Apache The Bronx (the best movie title ever) and The Gladiator, among others. Should this be ringing a bell? It’s not.
He kind of makes me sad. All young and Miami Vice attractive, thinking he had it made as an actor, on the cover of a magazine, and now no one has ever even heard of him.
It's like how I thought I saw the guy from The Pretender on the street the other day and then realized it couldn't be him because he died freakishly almost the day after the show was cancelled.
Or really it's nothing like that, except that I imagine Ken Wahl suffered the same fate, but worse. Like Wahl's demise involved really shady drug deals, prostitutes, amputation, and squatting in LA somewhere.
I'm worried now that I've read and sublimated a People Magazine article about Wahl and that this all may be true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home