Saturday, February 12, 2005

My name is Fred (yay!)

Now that the second to last Project Runway has aired and we all know Austin is "Out," I've had to re-think my experience of the final fashion show. All four of the finalists had a show, so word wouldn't get out about who the 3 finalists were. In retrospect, having all four go makes a lot more sense given Wendy being in the final 3 really is a suprise and Austin wouldn't have been. But at the time of the show (a week last Friday) I just assumed Wendy was out because she's such a sucker ass bitch and Michael Kors spent her entire show reading the program. Plus, after Austin came down the runway, Heidi Klum turned to Kors and said "I Love Austin" in her excited, not really German, way. The other factors that threw me off were that Austin's line was, obviously, better, but also obviously much, much more expensive than Wendy's. I just couldn't imagine Project Runway footing the bill for an entire extra line they were never going to use on camera at the same cost as the other 3 lines they needed. But, I guess they did.
What I am excited about is that you'll all get to witness Wendy being even more shameless about her daughter than usual: see her introduce her line saying, "someone told me just to say I'm a mom from" wherever the fuck she's from, and then carry her daughter down the runway after the show, while the kid buries her head and looks like she's going to piss herself. Though she was really cute. And hopefully, we also have Wendy's total evisceration from the judges to look forward to, because as one onlooker said to another, "It's too bad her clothes are so bad."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home