Thursday, February 26, 2004

A field day for playground bullies everywhere

I feel like a million things of importance (or at least interest) are going on right now, Nader, gay marriage, The Passion, but I can't bring myself to be articulate about any of them. All three just seem so overwhelming: the cause of arguments and discussions that can really never be resolved because at the heart, they're all about faith (be it of the Christian, Jewish, gay rights, or anti-Bush variety), the one thing we believe in no matter what contradicting evidence is discovered.
So in the face of an such serious stuff, I've been thinking about coneheads. I banged my head walking out of the walk-in fridge yesterday, making this incredible thwocking noise, and demonstrating just how flexible your head really is, for being something surrounded by bone. Which made me think about the Kwakiutl, a Native American tribe from the Pacific Northwest, who rested boards on their infants heads, so that the soft palate would grow into a cone shape. I feel like it's only a matter of time before some East Village couple tries that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home