Friday, February 20, 2004

Next time I'm filling out my own personal

So I've been very snarky lately, and I should stop, but not before I comment on 2 of the personals in this week's Time Out.
I think the blank is sexy: blank is sexier format is really difficult for people. It's such an annoying question you have almost no choice but to give an annoying answer. So if you want to rock the whole, eros is sexy: thanatos is sexier thing, I think you've proved to the world you are pretty much an unbelievable tool-box (and in this case, that you are also a loser, soon to be grad-student, who is turned on by Freud and bad poetry), but that's to be expected when answering this one. Sometimes though, people fill in the blanks in an incredibly awkward and inarticulate manner. Then you know that in addition to being a tool, they are completely inarticulate. See the following:
Arrogance is Sexy: Humbleness is Sexier.
So I'll admit to being a bigger loser than Exotik over here, by telling you that humbleness can be found in the dictionary. But that doesn't mean it should be. Next time, give humility a shot at that blank.
Confidence is sexy: Oblivity of being sexy is sexier
Didn't get a chance to look oblivity up, but even the spellchecker knows it's wrong. Not that obliviousness would make this one much better as the two blanks aren't even really related. The question sets up this very simple parallel structure, follow it. Especially when you’re making a huge mess only to offer up one of the more banal sentiments ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home